Sunday, January 06, 2008

Moving on


I was talking to my best friend a few weeks ago. Change... it radiates through life as this child becomes more experienced and lost in the adult world. And it's funny how change sometimes makes you want what was... or maybe that's just me.
Goodbye Andi... enjoy a new state. I will miss you.
I already do.
And then there's facing the change that has happened. And it's funny how unprepared and yet prepared you feel thinking about everything that is to come.
Some day moving boxes will fill our home. And Matt and I will pick up everything we have known and try to make a home wherever God brings us. But even without moving boxes, God still moves us from everything we have to a new place. A new life... A new life-lesson.
"Everybody hopes
That maybe somewhere down this road
We'd finally find that place where we belong
That place where we're complete
The one that occupies our dreams
That place we're lucky to call our home
Well, I have arrived
And I can't keep this inside
So I riase my hands and shout Your name
To praise You with my song
My dreams at hand, I've found my place
the place where I belong..." (MercyMe- The Place Where I Belong)
Throughout all this change... and the change that will come... One remains.
Thank You, Lord, that You remain no matter where life takes our friends and family.
You are the Hope that remains. You are the Hope within.
"So I riase my hands and shout Your name
To praise You with my song
[Your] dreams at hand, I've found my place
the place where I belong..."

No comments: