Monday, January 28, 2008

Because it Changes

Today I feel old again. Yes, I can no longer tell people that I am 22. But even though I haven't been 22 for a almost 2 weeks now, I just feel old.

Yes, world, I am 23, in a semi-stable employment opportunity, married, and officially in that "slowing down" part of life.


And it's funny how at the brink of college you thought life would be such a huge adventure with mountain peaks around every corner. How naively young...


But yes... life has "slowed down" to it's time-consuming, exhausting pace.

Friends have moved.

And I've come to think that alone was what I wanted all last year...

and yet now that I'm in it...


I wonder where everyone went.



Rodger brought Becca in to work today. It was a blessing. My little neice got a bit fussy while Rodger was meeting with our boss so I inherited the child for a while. There is nothing like that warm "you are familiar to me" smile across the face of that ten-month old. So she sang and banged a toy tiger on the desk as I typed. It was a litte breath of fresh air.

"You'd make a good mom," a co-worker said as she came by and Becca burried her face in my shoulder. (She's started this new shyness thing.) Then she returned to her singing, banging and teething on my wedding ring and fingers.


I just love that kid to pieces.



She was a nice addition to this otherwise quiet day...


No comments: