Friday, November 11, 2005

Bleep


5:45AM and I rolled over. My, my, what a sleep. 5 hours is not enough for anyone to run on. Franklin's filter made it's normal filter noises and shot out the jetstream at a few rock which clanked noisily in his tank. Great. Shhhh, I though, The noise will magically vanish without me having to get up to fix it. Go back to sleep, I tried to convince my head. Shhh, go back to sleep.
I managed to tune out the filter (well, kinda) but I worked hard at ignoring it at least. I rolled back over at 6AM.
I have to get up anyway. I grumbled in my head. No, wait... what day is it? Saturday. So that means I can sleep in til 7AM cause I don't have to work til 8AM. Yay. I thought. [Now granted, it's not Saturday, but honestly... first thing in the morning... It was good that I remembered I was working.]
Bleep. What is that? Bleep.
Shh, go away. just one more hour.
Bleep.
Please?
Bleep.
Come on, please? I don't get enough sleep as it is and I'm really trying to.
Bleep.
Is it a fire drill? My thoughts immediately flew to 4:30AM firedrills at UT all during exam week because people were just plain mean and thought pranks were funny.
Bleep.
Man! I realized it was my smoke detector that they "supposably" came in to change the battery on two weeks ago. And sure enough, the battery was dying. AKA, they didn't change the battery.
Bleep.
What time does maintenance get in?
Bleep.
9?
Bleep.
Man!!! I got up. I just can't ever get a good night's sleep can I?
Bleep.
=/ ...thanks... =/

(sigh) Day #47809485 without a good night's sleep. Here we go!

I shook it off.

It's all good... (bounces around in a Rocky fighting stanz) I got this!

No comments: