Saturday, November 12, 2005

O Come All Ye Faithful


"O come, all ye faithful...
joyful and triumphant..."

Celine Dion's voice came to my ears.
And a smile flooded my face.
Tonight I was just sitting here listening to Celine Dion, grateful and joyfully enjoying my "night off". How nice it is to do absolutely nothing for a change. =)
Celine Dion sang her usual love songs, flailing her gorgeous voice into the silent night air. And I hummed along and fake sung where I felt it appropraite. =)
And then all at once...

"O come, all ye faithful...
joyful and triumphant..."
goose bumps.
Christmas is fast approaching. I absolutely love this time of year. Not the shopping craze, or the santas on every street corner, or the gift exchanges.
No, none of that... not for that reason.
See, it's in this season that I get to sit back and reflect on the amazing glory of our Lord first coming to this earth. Can you imagine Mary's face when she saw God's Promise placed in her own arms? Joseph? The Angels? The shepherds? What joy, what amazement and what utter awe must have struck everyone, every living thing to see that little babe.
I can't wait for Christmas.
That's my Savior! That's Christ the Lord!

"O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
O COME LET US ADORE HIM
CHRIST THE LORD!!!"

No comments: