Monday, June 06, 2005

Your voice

So this has been a struggle, not a joy ride, but a struggle. I'm not really sure why I thought it would be a joy ride. Naive. Isn't that funny? I mean, I know that any time I throw myself at You, God, there will always be opposition. And yet it totally caught me off-guard.

One foot in front of the other.
I will follow the sound of Your voice.

Lord, I am learning to take bold steps. Big steps. I trust You to guide me. Teach me to be more obedient. Teach me to be more like Christ. Breathe the breath of Life into me that I may have no desire to look back as I run after You. Set my feet to dancing. Set my heart on fire. Burn away my impurities. Bleach out my pride. Break me into submission that I may learn to worship You in a way that is more satisfying to You. Teach these ears to listen to Your voice and Your voice alone. Speak through me, Lord. Use me as You desire. Lord, I long to be less. Make me so much less. Lord, make me anonymous. I don't deserve glory or praise.

Hold my hand in Yours. Proceed me, follow me and walk beside me.
I need You. I only want You. Take away everything that is not of You.
Please, Lord, make me the woman You desire.

Lead me on and I will run after You.

No comments: