Sunday, June 26, 2005

Narcotics

It was shortly after one and a family of four waked into the New Fusion Buffet.

"Hello. How many for today?" I asked. I know, I know, wasn't it obvious? But you never know, some people have groups that they eat with.

I brought them to their table and as I turned to return to the hostess booth, the eight year old boy handed me a piece of paper.

"Here's your ticket to Heaven." He said with a smile and moved on to his chair.
"What?" I was confused because I didn't hear what the child said and the first thing that came to my mind was that he was trying to sell me something.

"It's your ticket to Heaven." The father clarified.

"Oh, thanks." I said and walked off.
How cute! The little boy wants to share Jesus with everyone
, I thought as I returned to the booth.


And then I read the track title,

"From Narcotics to the Nazarene."


Didn't think I looked that bad this morning.

No comments: