Monday, June 20, 2005

Bigger

So maybe this is bigger than I thought. I know that You are always Bigger. I know that You bring strength to the weak. You are the Provider of life and Life abundantly. If I need something, You have promised that you will supply it.

Lord? Father? Hold my hand, please. You promised never to leave me. I want to hear You. Even if it's just an exhale. I just want to feel You close. Please, Lord?
Only You can complete me. Only You can make me feel secure and loved. Only You can make me feel home.



Was Paul ever afraid? As he left his family and friends, as he spoke out radically for Your name, as he was thrown out of churches and cities, was he ever fearful? Did he ever look back? Did he ever have even a flicker of fear?

Please, Lord. Teach my heart to be like Paul. Teach my mind to rest in Your securities, in Your provisions, in all that You have lain. Please, Lord, teach my heart to find more completion in You. Teach me to walk on, boldly, and proclaim Your Truth and Your standards without fear of loosing those who mean the most to me.

Lord, You are worth so much more than anything I could ever desire. Help me never to forget that. Whisper that Truth in my ear when I doubt and when I fear.














I'll go.
Send me!

Whatever the cost, I'll go!









You are Bigger.

No comments: