Monday, March 21, 2011

A Bit O' Earth

So going along with the Secret Garden theme, I've come to the dreaded duty of weeding the front planter boxes. To give you a bit of perspective, all along the front of our house are three large planter boxes. Now "the front" of our house is really the entire length of our house, the door is in the middle of our home, and some brilliant landscaper decided to plant a total of 13 or 14 bushes, all of which lie in beautiful planter boxes - and require pruning naturally. My planter boxes are 3-4 feet in width at some sections and the small bushes are planted in the middle of the boxes - allowing weeding on both the front and back sides of the bushes. While these bushes are a bit cute, when I forget about the weeding, this non-gardening Mama dislikes - a lot - the never-ending prickly weeds that flock to bush-country. Maybe I'm just such a good gardener that everything wants to grow in my dirt? (Coughs).

So this morning the girls took a nap at the same time - mark this day down in history - and I could put them both down in the morning because I don't have Lexi today (whom I pick up from school in the morning) due to this weekend's illness pandemic in our household. [We have a Dr. appointment for Rachael this afternoon.] And in the art of self-sacrifice, I decided to be my own Mistress Mary and try to find delight in weeding the last HUGE flower bed. So, no joke, it took me about 45 minutes to clear away a three feet long section out of the twelve or thirteen foot long flowerbed. I nearly filled an entire huge trash bag of weeds.

And all I have to say after my experience is:


Bad Eve... no apple!



- Seriously, I enjoyed the prayer time and quiet amid the work. Maybe a gardener is growing in me yet? And maybe this too shall pass. hehe. =)

No comments: