Thursday, February 04, 2010

Our lil World

So as most of you have probably already discovered, we have learned as of Tuesday (Feb 2) that we are having another little girl. We are so thrilled. And her name is and will be Abi Grace. Anyone wondering where we got the spelling of Abi, it's in 2Kings 18:2. The only thing we know about that Abi is that she was a daughter of Zechariah. But you know how I like to tweak names a bit to give a child individuality so Abi it is. No, she's not Abigayle. Just Abi. Abi's right on track for a due date of June 23rd (right around Grandpa's [Matt's Dad] b-day). By the way, Abi has come at a shocker to Matt's side who was convinced that Abi was going to follow the typical second and third child are boys trend. but Abi has fallen right in line with my side's endless girls trend. Only my side of the family was also convinced that I was carrying a boy. I love the surprises!

And it's funny, but now that we know more about Abi, she has become more alive in my mind and in our home. The nesting period has already started to kick in. Don't worry, folks, I have control of this. I added sunshines to the nursery curtain ends that I found in the back of the craft drawer and painted to satisfaction. And you better believe that my mind is already on fire with all kinds of fun thoughts about welcoming Abi to our family. I wonder what she will be like, and yet am enjoying the normalcy of our lives prior to her entrance.

Upward basketball is going well. It's fun being an assistant coach to my husband. And it even more fun to watch Matt's child-like side and teacher-side come out through the ministry. We love our little team to death. All 6 of them. =)

I've found much enjoyment in the routines of the day. Funny how dishes aren't so bad sometimes. And there's the perks of visiting with Ellen and "the cousins" at various locations once per week. it's fun to watch Rachael come alive in their presence. Rachael just loves John, her cousin who's 3 weeks older than her. And it's fun to herd them all with Ellen. Today we're heading out to Ellen's. She's acquired two more kiddos today so I'm taking Lexi (the 5 y/o I watch in the afternoons) and Rachael on over for an afternoon of playing with the other 4 kiddos. Look forward to the fun amidst the chaos.

Got some great pointers from a friend about shopping smarter and utilizing the tools out there. Looking forward to revamping the grocery list and how we do grocery shopping to be better with the finances we have been given. Funny how domestically fun it can be. Matt and I stayed up late last night in bed talking all about... groceries. Hehe. Gotta laugh at being an adult sometimes. It was a great planning conversation - and you know how I eat up planning.

But alas, Rachael's waiting sleepily for her bath before morning nap, so I better get going.

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted to hear about your adventures and happiness! It's great to feel a part of your family from so far -- and to know you are all doing so well!!

You rock! :-D