Monday, June 23, 2008

A Walk in the Past

Have you ever run across someone you used to know? Well it happened to me a little while ago. And without trying to be a complete jerk (though I'm sure I really can be and have been) there just are some people that you wold prefer to leave in your past. I'm not talking about some haunting, "I shouldn't have done that," past memory. I'm just talking about, "I have moved on and I'd like to progressing on," kind of past memory.

God placed a defining decision before me. And I made a decision for His glory that changed my life direction forever. I chose the harder road. I picked the "not right in front of you" road that had risk of leaving my dreams in the dust.

But a little while ago I looked back at what was left behind. And I really didn't want to.
But sometimes when you run into people of the past, you look back by default... for that is where that person belonged.

You know, but there's this eerie feeling. This "I don't want to go there" feeling. This awkward "I wonder who you really are" feeling and yet this desire to no longer know the answer. It's kind of hard because you can only remember that person as they once were and yet you really wonder if they have grown on. But part of you really just doesn't want to know.

Maybe I'm just a psycho...
but it's really kind of weirded me out a bit over the past few days

and in risk of being a complete jerk, I really would just prefer not to go there ever again.


... maybe they felt that way too ...

No comments: