Monday, June 25, 2007

A good way to start.

Sometimes I find myself consumed in present day troubles. Oh, these finances. Oh, these internship tasks. Oh, these kids at work who don't listen. And it is in those moments that I need most desperately to think of the big picture.

In life, thinking of th big picture often overwhelms me. Ahhh, I'm so, so, so in debt from college that I can't even breathe. I'm going to be such a poor wife. I'm in no way qualified to be a pastor's wife! And let's not even think about how bad of a mom I'm going to be if God ever gives us kids.

But God's big picture has such a different effect on me. As was mentioned last night at house church, thinking of God's big picture helps me to see an even greater value to prayer. Thinking of God's big picture encourages me to live each moment for His glory alone. Thinking of God's big picture opens my eyes to the hurting souls I come in contct with every day and those brothers and sisters far away whom I will never meet on this earth. Thinking of God's big picture only brings good and hope to my day.

Today I read this (thanks for the unintentional tip, Robin). And it started my thoughts of God's big picture. Slowly the thoughts of my imperfection melted as I thought of God's perfection. Slowly the thoughts of this world's trials and hurts melted away with the thought of this place Jesus is preparing for those who acknowlegde Him as Lord of all. Slowly my morning began to have purpose. And slowly hope crept into my smile. In and amongst my longing for this new Heaven and earth, I felt a part of something so much bigger than myself. And to start off my morning, I felt, once again, that I could actually use these flawed filthy-rags to make God's name and true character known. Talk about a good way to start the day.

Thank You, God, for the hope of someday being perfect in You. That truly is something to strive for. I love You.

No comments: