Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lasts

You know, there are some bitter sweet moments in life that take your breath away. And then there's some hard moments in life that cause you to take coping deep breaths.

It's the end of the quarter and the lasts are creaping in. I am taking my last exam on Thursday, I have attended my last Crosswalk, I just attended my last "class", and my last is all I can give. I can't give anymore to this quarter. And you know what? I'm really okay with that. In fact, it brings much relief. Much relief.

This summer will be hard; one class, practicum and work back to back (and even overlapping at times), and then life. It will be a challenge. Truly a challenge. It's the last sprint for my degree. And while it may feel like it is dangling over my head, attached to a wire on my back, eventually I'll reach it. And another checkmark will be placed on the list of life.

My Refuge has brought rest. Much needed and much appreciated.

I came home to a bouquett of roses and a "just because" letter. How he blesses me. And I agree, taking time for the simple is a must... and it's so needed. Thank you, Matt.

More thoughts that crossed my mind today revolved around a little girl. A classmate brought her daughter into class. Her daughter, Rose, must have been a good 2 years old. Rose was a healthy two, laughing, interrupting class, rolling on the floor, and talking to another five year old child drag-along for the day. My classmate shared with me and another aquaintance, "I wanted two and I knew it was now or never." She also expanded upon her teenager that's back at home. This woman, now in her mid thirties/early forties had this little one. And the smile on this woman's face? Her little one was her world. And it was so cute.

Kinda made me want to be a mom. Later... but I looked forward to if God would ever grace me with the oppotunity to love Matt and my little one to pieces. We'll see in time. I'm in no rush.

I thought of Ellen and wondered how she was doing. I miss seeing her regularly. We're going to meet up and hang out sometime later this week so we can pack her up for her move on June 16th. And maybe I'll even get to hold my neice a little. But, I'm not going to lie, as much as I love my neice to pieces, I really do love her mom and I care more about how her mom was doing than my neice. As cold as that sounds, Ellen's a friend and i really care about her.

I also got an email for Andi a few days ago. She can't come to Matt and my wedding. That was really disappointing because she was one of the few people that I really wanted to be there. Oh but I completely understand that she can't come. I COMPLETELY understand. My, my how God has grown her and Ben. It's amazing to watch. Praise God for His grace and His love. But in and amongst the wonderful things God is doing, there are little hurts that happen too. And Andi not being able to come to my wedding. That's just one of them.

Well, the cats are all sprawled out, napping on Robin's bed. And as tempting as that looks, I think I'm going to go for a run. It's been a long time since I've gotten to just run. And I look forward to it.


Hope you are seeing the Lord's blessings in your life today.
To God be all the glory and honor and praise forever and ever.


Amen.

No comments: