Thursday, February 01, 2007

Simple Solitude without Minivan Babysitting Goodness

I had a dream.... seriously, last night I did. [I confess to you as Cheddar stares me down from atop of Robin's journal on the dresser.] It was a funny little dream. Andy Weems, the director of Crosswalk Campus Ministries, was there. He needed to meet with me for lunch. But I had all of Matt's brothers and sisters to take care of, so they had to come with me. [Boots pops up into my lap, smelling the keyboard.] I knew James (8yr old) would get bored really quickly so I debated whether or not to go to lunch. But I did not want to let Andy down. I was at church with part of the Stauffer clan; William, James, Sarah, Steven, Cat (by default). [Cheddar approaches, feeling unloved and needing a pet.] The only ones missing out the the Stauffer clan were Ellen, Ron and Matt. I remember the tedious phone call with Andy as I attempted to figure out where we were having lunch and tried to round up the Stauffer clan. There occurred much interruption and massive confusion added with a dose of frustration. [Cheddar purrs.] The lunch location was decided to be at a friend's house. This friend was not a mutual friend of me and Andy's, but they knew Andy. The attraction to that destination? They had a pool. That would entertain the masses. [Boots curls up on my heated blanket.] And right as I pulled the Stauffer van into the driveway I thought to myself, "We don't have swimming gear." And I woke up.


You know, it can be lonely sometimes to wake up to a quiet house with only a few cats on the prowl.

But other times, I really do enjoy the solitude of me...
and my Cheddar...
and Boots.


Thank You, God, for those moments of simplicity.

No comments: