Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Into Hiding


I was reading Andi's post about being old and it brought back my similar feelings.
I have borrowed a friend's 1980 (guess) Buick Park Avenue which is blue as opposed to the brown car in the link. Um, for those of you who don't know, my grandmother had a similar car and I remember sitting in the back seat. Now, I'm driving it (of course only for about a week). [In case you are puzzled why I am driving it, my car broke down 6 weeks from this coming friday and I have been borrowing friend's cars since.]

I don't feel like I can connect to this generation anymore.

I was emailed by a dear friend about her wedding photography. She does beautiful photgraphy. I'm pretty sure we can't afford her, but if you geta chance, please do look at her pictures.
In looking through her pictures myself I realised a few things...
1. She does amazing work
2. Our wedding isn't going to look anything like any of those gorgeously expensive ones
3. We probably can't afford my friend's photography
4. I'm looking at weddig photography critically as to whether or not I can purchase it = I'm getting old.

Today has been a pretty blah kind of day.
Blah morning.
Blah afternoon.
Blah foggy rain.
Blah.

And it's giving me blah thoughts.
And blah feelings.
Blah.

I'm old.
Blah.

I'd prefer to go into hiding today.
Blah.

I think I'm going to go to bed at 8:30p.

No comments: