Monday, November 20, 2006

To Avoid the Label of 'Crazy'

You know a lot of people do things to avoid the label of 'crazy'.

But not me.

So it snowed last night! YEAH!!!!
This morning I awoke and saw the remnants of snow powdering the grass and my car. And what thought did that trigger in my mind?
You got it! Let's go for a bike ride.

I checked the weather prediction to decipher how many layers I needed. Once fully layered, I was off. Some people may fear frostbite... but not me. Afterall, you can only live once. Right?

Yes, the thirty degree air was crisp. Yes, I couldn't feel my cheeks. Yes, I'm still fighting off my cold. Yes, my nose ran constantly. But my oh my it was fun. [Especially the part where my gears jammed in the middle of Woodman Road's traffic.] Heck yes! Life is truly fun!

I gotta be honest.. I was just tired of this sickness taking me out. And who knows... maybe some good frigid air and a continually running nose will do the trick.

Even if it doesn't... I had fun.

Thanks God, for the simple blessing of a bike ride.

Have a wonderful day all!

No comments: