Monday, November 20, 2006

Faithful Servant

This thought reflected through my thoughts again this morning. And it is interesting to think of all that in light of all the new proposals of "my generation".

"Aren't you excited?" My best friend asked me in light of the new news of someone else's proposal.
"Yeah..." Came my unexcited response. "I guess."

Oh don't get me wrong... proposals are fantastic! [I am biased.] The joy is fantastic! [Again, biased.] But the divorce rate kinda scares me. Oh it doesn't scare me in light of thinking that Matt and I would ever get divorced. And it's not one of those naive "we'll never do that," sayings. Truley... Matt and I have discussed the seriousness of marriage and how divorce is not an option. Faithfulness, even in trials, is a life moto of both of us. But... I wonder if that's every newly engaged couple's moto.

I guess while my thoughts are overjoyed with the thought of friends and aquantances becoming engaged, my heart simultaneously hurts for those who will fall to the statistics of divorce. My heart hurts for those currently married who have put God into a box and take Him out on Sundays and thier marriage reflects that choice.

"Have you looked for a dress?" was asked to me.
"Nope... but I think I passed my exams!" verbalized.
I have nine months... I'll look soon enough. Came internally.

I guess it's just this thing... August 25th is one day... yes.. one day that we'll have in our memories. Yes the beginning of "one". But it is just that... one day. I'm focusing less on spending a huge amount of money for one day and more on preparing my mind for the endurance of marriage.
Oh I am so excited for August 25th. I am! Because that will be the start of fulfilling my promise to God that I will live the rest fo my life striving to follow God as Matt's wife, wherever He takes us and whatever may come. But how much more exciting... how beyond expressions exciting is the thought of spending the rest fo my life fighting the good fight with Matt. That blows the wedding day out of the water in my mind. And while a good start is always nice... the race is won through endurance, not a sprint.

I pray that more and more Christ-followers will race with endurance.

May more and more of us when we come face to face with Beautiful Jesus hear the words...
'Well done, good and faithful servant.'

He's what I live for.

To God be all the glory.
Thank You for saving my heart, my soul and, Lord... thanks You so much for saving my mind.

No comments: