Friday, July 08, 2005

Green Leaves

Yesterday as my mother watered her plants, I observed as she picked the dead leaves off the plants. Being what I would presume to be a great annoyance, I pointed out the dying, sun-scorched, dehydrated plants for my mom.

"That one's dead." I pointed and wrinkled my nose.
" No it's not! It goes through a dormant phase where the flower that has already bloomed withers away. But once the petals have fallen off and it's all gone, it blooms again and produces a really beautiful flower. Look, " She pointed to a few green leaves, "new growth. No, this is alive!"




Dry, dehydrated, sun-scorched, useless, worthless, ugly, unneeded, unwanted, forgotten...

and yet... there is new growth.

The dead leaves had purpose.

There is Life!














You complete me.

No comments: