Wednesday, July 27, 2005

By God's Mercy

So I was going to take a moment to complain about writting a check to WSU, but I feel really convicted about my complaining. Instead of complaining, which draws attention to myself, I have decided to state the facts.

It's by God's mercy that I have a financial burden this summer.
It's by God's mercy that I have a job that pays me slightly over my bill fees.
It's by God's mercy that a work situation has arose causing me to seek further employment.
It's by God's mercy that I may be able to work at the factory.
It's by God's mercy that I have youth girls who come to visit me on rough days.
It's by God's mercy that I have big challenges in my faith life.
It's by God's mercy that I am learning to be satisfied in unsatisfyig situations.
It's by God's mercy that my car is falling apart.
It's by God's mercy that my car has not died yet.
It's by God's mercy that I don't know if I will be able to start classes in the fall.
It's by God's mercy that I have a best friend who I get to call to encourage and to encourage me.
It's by God's mercy that I have pets in my life to make me smile.
It's by God's mercy that I am fearful enough of the future few months that it creates change in the way I handle the present few.
It's by God's mercy that I am learning what it means to walk by faith and follow without sight.
It's by God's mercy that I am given another day to ty to make God smile.
It's by God's mercy that I am surrounded by mission fields here in Cincinnati.
It's by God's mercy that I am given struggles, hurts and troubles.
It's by God's mercy and NOTHING ELSE.

So in the light of things that oppress me and lay heavy on my chest, I need to lift my eyes to the heavens and cry out, "Thank You Lord! You bless me. Thank You!"

For only then can I claim to rely on Christ and walk FAITHFULLY no matter what may come.





Teach me to better give thanks in my troubles, hurts and struggles. And if that means bringing more troubles in order to teach me by example, then Lord, I pray for more hardships. Do whatever it takes to teach me to walk closer to You. I love You and I need You more than breath. Teach me to dwell on You and not me.



You are worthy of my praise for eternity and I am determined to give you my praise through the struggles of this flesh. Teach me more eternal praise; that I may learn how precisely You would like to be and will be exhaulted for eternity.



I love You and I need You. Please be glorified. And if that includes me in any way, You know You have my devotion.






"Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen." (Revelation 7:12)

No comments: