Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cheap and Easy Done Right

Had the joy of making my dear friend, Kassie, a nursing cover last week. I got so excited after making it that it was hard to contain my joy in getting it to her.

The project cost a total of $12 ($6 to Kassie for fabric and I grabbed a $6 cost for the D-rings and the boning).

$12 total is much better than the $30 that these things sell for. Plus, we got to custom pick the fabric and the dimensions for Kassie.

It was fun to see something, think "I could do that", find an easy and free pattern WITH PICTURES online and then make it in 2 hours from gathering supplies to calling Kassie for a drop-off time.

Starting materials:






Finished nursing cover (as modeled by bear):




=D

It was a fun and relaxing project done after the girls went to bed.

No comments: