Tuesday, April 24, 2012

For Newbee

I made two newborn prefold diapers today thanks to some old towel pieces and flannel sheets (thanks again, Rachel). It's nice to use things here, donating about an hour to figuring out what I was doing (woot!) and about a half hour to forty minutes (if I had to change to bobbin) a piece to each diaper following. Planning on just adding about 6-12 newbee diapers to the stash with maybe only the cost of thread (if I run out). From what I've researched it's helpful to have a few tiny diapers for the freshie stage up until about 2-3 months when they can go into more "normal" sizes. Abi was gracious to play nicely on the floor to the hum of the sewing machine (after waking up early from nap). 

 One is layered 2x4x2 (I) and the other is 4x6x4 (II). 

My old doll from childhood modeling. 


With the assistance of Abi. =) 


I'll probably make more of the 4x6x4 or a 2x6x2 combo since the middle thickness is the real hero in the pottying story.

 

- Kind of exciting to slowly start the "get ready for baby" preparations. 

 - If we find out on Friday that we're having a boy, he'll be relieving himself in flower-print prefolds. hehe. I don't think he'll care and it's what I have to work with. Eh! Baby'll just be sleeping through newbee life anyway. And we could find some cute neutral covers to help him out if he's a he. ;)


No comments: