Thursday, April 26, 2012

Anatomy

We took the opportunity to have some fun with our anatomy lesson yesterday. I got a few basic anatomy kid-friendly books from the library (one is a baby book identifying baby parts, but functional and the other two are more advanced anatomy). Not expecting Rachael to grasp the full knowledge of the respiratory and circulatory system, despite the nice pictures =), I just wanted her to be introduced to the fact that a bunch of different stuff inside of us helps us to move and function. I think she might have walked away from the lesson with that - and a billion questions. hehe.

So then I came up with the fun idea of cutting body parts out of a magazine to make our own people (not as gruesome as it just sounded in that sentence). It was a fun project to prepare, wondering what creations would come out of the pieces. We worked together scaling through features of the face or body and talking about where they were placed (me primarily helping with spacial positioning to allow for additional features on the page since Rachael doesn't really have any spacial concept yet). And this is what we created:

Since we picked each feature independent of the others I found the varying leg sizes fun as well as the large mismatched ears and small hair. =)

 Rachael identified the child on the left to be a "boy face" (actually a girl's) and "girlie short hair" (actually a boy's) which I found quite entertaining between the boy shirt and big girlie skirt. =)


We had a heck of a lot of fun. =)

2 comments:

Aunt Gayle said...

I am constantly blown away by your creativity in projects. This looks like a lot of fun, too. Keep up the great work Momica ;)

Monica said...

Oh please do enjoy some Rebecca project time and steal any/all ideas from me. I post them so others can enjoy the delights of the project through living them out with their kids/grandkids. =)