Monday, November 14, 2011

Sandcastles

Between Sunday night touchdowns we enjoyed writing it. We laughed about the illustration, building with a dirt foundation and creating a flood. We giggled about the idea of sticks falling all over the place and the utter joy of permitted destruction coming upon the face of a child. We laughed until tears came to our eyes as we thought of accidentally knocking down the building built on rocks and trying to explain that God does a better job at building than this demonstration. And then we sent the lesson overseas with a prayer and a smile. 

Nothing can describe the joy I felt in my heart when I found these two wonderful pictures in my inbox this evening.

The foolish man built his house upon the sand...
And you know what happened. 
(Love that this picture captures Auntie Theresa and the new Uncle Ayuba, I presume, in the mix too. How cool!)

Oh but the wise man...


I read over the account of the Bible lesson's success and my heart leaped within me. Thank you, Jesus, for orchestrating such joy and such a blessing in my life.

I just love my little Nigerian kids and their Aunties (and now Uncle).

- to God be the glory.
- love and hugs to Theresa and Will.

2 comments:

Will and Theresa Reed said...

This makes me so happy!! Thanks for sharing, Monica! The work that you and Matt do to write these lessons is such a blessing to the students (and the teachers). Thanks you!!

Monica said...

The blessing is truly mine, Theresa. It's so wonderful to support the work of Christ through you wonderful people. =)