Monday, March 22, 2010

Home-Improvement Bug Bites Again!

I have this home-improvement vibe about me again today. I'm sure it's the nesting hormonal prego fun. But today I just might get the opportunity to employ it properly - our house is a wreck. I look around this room and think of the others nearby and all these projects jump out and beg for attention. When was the last time the shelves were ever cleaned? (Ha!) Does that stained blanket really accent the fireplace well? How about those crusty windows? Or what about those cluttered shelves? Those things have been put off for a rainy day. And you know what? Rain's in the forecast for today. So, now my greatest challenge is not what to do or where to start, for I appear to have A LOT of choices, but my greatest challenge is how to convince my weekly five year old that washing the windows is fun.

Let's see how I can become creative enough to entertain while still producing good cleaning results. Let the challenge begin - well, as soon as I get showered and feed Rachael and Lexi - oh and then there's the dog, gotta pay attention to the dog... and... the......

=)


*** The proceeding two and a half days after this post I moved 2 bookshelves, 1 queen sized bed (needing Matt's help on the matress), one dresser, a file cabinet, a TV, a nightstand, some 200 books, revamped the shelving by the fireplace, cleaned out the file cabinet (shredding it's unneeded contents), cleaned out the fireplace, baby proofed/organized our new "office" space, organized 4 junk piles, and set up a play room. Oh, plus a greater contribution to laundry an dishes and the regular cleaning. I'd say that was a highly effective use of my home-improvement bug. =)

No comments: