Thursday, March 25, 2010

Transparent

Yesterday I walked into the room to discover the 5 y/o I watch in the afternoons was making a picture with puffy gel paint. She immediately looked guilty and hid the paint under the table. I was not angry with her, I had put out the paint for her to play with, allowing her the chance of responsibility, and did not require her to ask me before using the paint. But for some reason she believed that she could be in trouble and hid the paint. Only trouble, she was hiding the culprit under a glass table.

Isn’t that what we do with God sometimes? We think maybe if we don’t acknowledge our shortfalls and we don’t draw attention to the areas in our life where we’re not obeying then we can somehow hide it under the table from God. Only trouble, the table is glass.

God just kinda nailed me with that lesson yesterday.

No comments: