Thursday, November 19, 2009

Language

"A da" has various meanings to a 10 month old. If we're in the car it means she's talking to her feet. If the radio's on, it's singing and much more of a drawn out "a daaaaaaa." If it comes rapid fire it means Matt. If it's during play it means happiness. If she says it while on the bed looking over the edge it means "Dakota." Im not one of those Mothers who claims to have a genius (she's picking dog hair off the carpet and eating it), but I am enjoying her developing language.

I love the variety that pours out of a simple phrase. Ah the joy of a baby - a baby who's chewing on Dakota's Kong as I write this.

=)

2 comments:

Jes said...

Lol. And Toby is highly enjoying your baby's kong over here...

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

What a perfect way to illustrate the process of a baby becoming a child who eventually continues growing as an adult - and the joys/challenges of parenting!!

Really, Monica, you've got me smiling big time on several levels.

All I can add is my heartfelt "A da." :-)