Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back in the swing of things...

oh right, back in the swing of things plus a baby.

So these last "two" (one and a half) weeks before I return to work I am attempting to get back in the swing of things. I'm attempting to solidify Rachael's nap schedule and create a more structured nighttime routine to aid in Rachael's unwinding from the day. I've also taken the opportunity and doctor's clearance to jump back into the running game. I can't tell you how nice it is to feel that familiar burn of an hour well spent. I really love the time I get out there to just listen to spurring on songs and be with my Maker as I work at the goal of conquering the flesh. On the topic of flesh conquering, I'm also making so changes to the publicity of my quiet time lifestyle. I really have been slacking off and God deserves so much more than what I was giving. So I came up with a new idea of posting my quiet times so Matt can easily hold me accountable at random. Not only do I want to establish a greater pattern, but I also want to remember what I read. So I'm hoping these minimal efforts will kick myself into a place that I never should have left. I want to be a threat in this game called warfare. I've also put up a chart for Rachael because I want to be more intentional about making disciples... starting with the one we have been given. So we're replacing the nighttime story which help Rachael get comfortable to the sound of my voice to a Bible reading. Hopefully the repetition of my morning quiet time will also aid in sticking the text in my head more. We'll see what happens. What do you do to help keep your quiet times in routine? Who keeps you accountable and how?

Just trying to be more intentional about being where I want to be, when I want to be.

No comments: