Friday, January 16, 2009

What a Wonderful ...

Yesterday was great! Matt was off and we got to spend most of the day with my Aunt Yvonne and Mom. We enjoyed some unusual "usual routine" of showering, diapering, and other getting readying in the morning. I woke up with a headache that I chose to ignore for most of the day, but eventually got the best of me in late afternoon. Matt was his wonderful self, entertaining in my absences of feeding and pumping. We all enjoyed a trip to Walgreens to print off some pictures for my Grandma that Aunt Yvonne will get to take out to California when she boards her second plane trip on Sunday. Then we headed over to Babies R Us to grab a couple of helpfuls. Then Starbucks called the depths of my Aunt, which much to Matt and my enjoyment resulted in a couple of hot coffees, my cold banana chocolate milkshake thingy, and a happy ride home in a warm car. Dakota had some good bonding with Aunt Yvonne and then we parted our ways.

After my nap, the headache backed off just in time for dressing up and going out on the town. That's right friends, we're rebels. No, we didn't go clubbin' (surprised) but we did go out for a nice, NICE dinner at the Melting Pot with Ron, Ellen and John. We decided to dress up for the affair - afterall when you spend more than $100 in a night's meal it's cause for some more-formal wear. So with the joy of "fitting" into two non-pregnant shirts that I haven't worn in FOREVER, we prepped to leave. Matt put Rachael in a cream sleeper and the cream spring 6/9 month sized dress that Ellen and Ron got her. She looked adorable and I look forward to getting a copy of the pic of her and John (in sweater vest, dress shirt, slacks, and black dress shoes) that Ellen took at the dinner table. It was adorable, absolutely adorable, to see the two newborns all dolled up for the sheer enjoyment of their torturous parents.

Dinner was an amazing fondue pot experience that lasted a speedy 2.5 hours. It was so wonderful to just sit and chat with Ron and Ellen about life. I just love spending non-stressful, lookout for the kids time with them. They're such wonderful people. And non-distracted time is hard to come by with them so it was so wonderful. Rachael was a bit fussy, but she was bearable. John was knocked out the whole time. And the cheese ... and the steak... oh and the chocolate... heaven, friends..... whew!

And then the night ended in my all-time favorite way - just talking with Matt for a while in the dark in our bedroom. He's so nice to fall asleep with. And I just love it when he pours out his heart right before bed. And then Rachael slept for 6 hours again last night. So lovely, friends, so lovely.


"And I think to myself... what a wonderful day (and night)."

No comments: