Thursday, January 08, 2009

All Home

Thank you, Lord, for bring us all home safely. Thank you for helping Rachael to make progress toward passing her jaundice. Lord, I pray that our efforts to get things cleared through her body will bring back reward at her visit today. Lord, I thank you for educated and dedicated medical staff who helped bring Rachael into this world. Lord, I thank you for your provision during the pushing stage of labor. Lord, I thank you for the amazing family and friends who so graciously offered their words of love and support. Lord, I thank you for the friends and family who eagerly looked past my exhaustion and said such kind words of encouragement and joy at the hospital bed. Lord, I thank you for the miracle of life and the reminder that you are in control.

And Lord I thank you for bringing Matt, Rachael and I home - how desperately we wanted to be at home- and I thank you that you made it all work out that both Rachael and I were released despite some medical concern for the both of us I (my blood levels and Rachael's jaundice count0. And Lord I thank you that you are healing us both with rest and recuperation. Thank you, Lord, for Dakota doing well with the adjustment and shift of attention.

Thank you, Lord, for Matt's love and compassion. I see You shining in him as he cradles Rachael and has such great patience with her learning. Lord, I thank you so much for Mom's willingness to come take care of me and support Matt and i as we learn to best take care of Rachael. Thank you, Lord, also for Daddy's humor and love that he has lavished on Matt and I through random house projects and delighting in Your work. And Lord, the list of thank you's could go on and on regarding the endless love and support and encouragement that our family has already received and will receive. Thank you, Lord for Matt and Rachael who sleep so soundly across the hall. Thank you, Lord. Thank You, Lord. Thank You.

In Jesus' name.

Amen.

-first night home-

2 comments:

Elvy said...

Rachael is AWESOME!

Go GOD!

As for the support you received, I too am consistently amazed when I watch your mother love you. Both in practical "doing" ways, when you need someone to be there and be strong doing and saying what is most needed, and in her loving "being" ways as she becomes you best personal cheerleader with a glow that is infectious. (not the kind you need to worry about in a hospital)

Your sister and I love you, Matt and now Rachael too, and we all look forward to the moments we can all share coming up.

Dad

Anonymous said...

She is so precious Monica!!! I can not wait to meet Rachael Elizabeth Stauffer! I am so proud of you and can't wait to meet the precious, new addition to you and Matt's family! I love you all :-)

Sarah