Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Crickets...and Updates

Hi there, friends. It's been a few days since I've even thought about typing in an entry. But for those of you who are feverishly hungry for the fulfillment that comes with reading my blog... I'm writing for you. Hey, where'd everyone go? (crickets.)

Well, anyway... I'm writing none the less. Not a whole lot has changed recently. I am enjoying the married life. Matt and I are learning more and more of what it means to share everything and function as a unit. That's fun. It's challenging at times, but Matt and I really do work well (surprise, surprise), so it's fun too.

Tonight is an Associational Meeting at our church, so that means Matt and I get to pretend to be competent leaders of the youth group. [J/k... Matt is competent.] But anyway, I get to sing in the mass choir made up of 6 or so churches that will be "entertaining" the evening session of the meeting tonight. And Matt and I get to suffer through the early session as "church representatives". I honestly look forward to it. I know, that officially classifies me as a loser AGAIN. But I am actually excited to spend the evening with a bunch of church leaders from some 10 or so area churches. I don't really know why, but it just makes me feel... involved... and a part of something so much bigger than our little church. Funny how God has excited my heart about a silly little meeting. But none the less... excited I am.

For those of you who haven't heard my complaining recently (I now, that's no one), but yes, it is true, I am still sick. Yes, I've been sick for about 3 weeks and am still sick. It seems to be a constant lifestyle for me lately. But hey... there ya go.
But in light of being sick, I have relearned the value of having two functioning nostrils, pukeless feeling tendencies, and sleep.

I am a part of a Daniel study that the ladies at our church are going through and that is fun. It's neat to be involved in a women's group. And it's neat to get to meet the ladies outside of the typical 5 minutes of "meet and greet" during the service.

So, yeah... that's me for now... sick, enjoying the feel of a small church, and thrilling in the little things that God is allowing me to be a part of. And for the record... while I am still jobless, I am learning daily to appreciate the opportunities God has given me while I've been unemployed. (For example, I've gotten to help out a friend, annoy another friend -love ya, Robin!-, meet with an old youth during "working hours", eat lunch with Matt, and I'll get to go support Matt at his first funeral. ) I am focusing more and more on the value of God's circumstances and opportunities in my life right now. And even in loss of what I thought I needed, I am finding God's blessing. Thanks be to God for teaching me to rely more fully on what He declares to be my needs. I love You, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too! :)