Monday, January 15, 2007

Unexpected CHOICES

G'morning all. The reason I am up and blogging this early is because I got up for my practicum this morning. My car died Friday, so thanks to my sweet fiance, I needed to get up earlier than usual in order to obtain Matt's car. Matt got up on his day off at [what I'm guessing was] about 7:30am and drove his car out to my apt with plans for me to drop him back off at his house. After getting up at 7:15am myself, I popped into the sower. Man, I had such a desire to be irresponsible, sleep until 7:30 and then rush to get ready. But I figured I'd be late and only end up making Matt, who was doing me a favor, wait on me. After getting ready fairly quickly for 7 in the morning, I must say, I did some responsible things like pay bills and gather my things before "last minute". Matt showed up [sleepy thing] and drove me back to his house. We spoke of ligistics and said our goodbyes. Heading down the road toward my practicum, I thought about calling Carol back. I noticed my phone said I had a message. I listened and heard these words from Matt;

"Your practicum's canceled. CHOICES is closed. Dad told me. So I hope you don't get there and then get this message." [It's about a 30 minute drive].

So, despite the fact that I'd love to complain and complain about how early and how annoying and... and .. and... instead let's look at the bright side. I get an unexpected morning off, I got my bills paid, and it's 9am and I'm already up and dressed for the day. Whew baby!!!!

So, I'm going to continue this overly productive day and work on my project for my independent study class. And who knows... I may even get to finish it. I'm also looking forward to updating my budget, cleaning my room and trading in my guitar today.

Thank you, God, for the blessing of an unexpected day off.
I love You. I love You. I love You!

No comments: