Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Vanishing Stale



I had the privilege of traveling down to Cincinnati to visit my sister on New Years Day. My sister was throwing a party and I looked forward to the joys of spending time with my sis and her roomie, Sarah. The party went well with much laughing and talking with new faces. Matt, Tara and I played Pirates of the Caribbean Life and we played a white elephant-type game for presents. The game became quite lively with a few key presents being fought over. It was fun.
Around 5pm the party had died down and most of the guests had left. Sarah, Jes, Matt, Scott (Sarah's boyfriend) and Megan remained.
"Want a sandwich?" Jes asked me knowing that I had not eaten lunch [or breakfast for that matter].
I happily received the offered tuna sandwich on Rye.
After getting a few good bites of sandwich, Sarah asked for a bite.
I was in the process of finding a new music selection, so I tossed my response to her over my shoulder, "No prob. Have as much as you'd like."
Sarah took a bite.. "Oooo... the bread's hard." Came her quiet comment.
When I returned to my seat after happily discovering a Josh Groban CD guess what I discovered...
the parts of the sandwich that were the softest remained on my plate.
Sarah's selflessness is amazing.

No comments: