Friday, September 29, 2006

Home




I found myself wandering through friends' websites this morning. I have found a few extra hours in which I have no pressing engagements and, quite frankly, can't think of anything that I should be "getting ahead" in. I read one particular article of my aunt Yvonne's reflecting on her experience in California. It was a joy to read and reflect on my personal joys about the trip.

As I was reading through her entry, immediately a quote from a dear friend, Harry, popped into my head; " So much of life is not done solo; its in teams or partners. So it's hard to decipher the impact of you."

It's funny. I woke up this morning to a quiet apartment. No agenda consumed my mind. No "hurry, get going" provoked my awakening. So I lay there for a minute. Soon two cats meowed their way into the room, faithfully reminding me of their state of starving. When their meows had turned to purrs through much petting, I resided to begin my day. Now I sit here with wet hair falling over my shoulders, fully seeing, fully wake, and with bagel in the toaster. Yet despite the music, quiet still surrounds me. Oh, what a refreshing break from life this morning has been. I am blessed beyond imagination. Yet, honesty stirrs within me. Quiet is only fun for a while and then I desire to share it with another. Independence is fantastic! As is independant dependance.

"So much of life is not done solo..."

I used to strive on my "away from life" times. I found such refreshment in them. I even began to look forward to them more than "busy in life" times. But it's like I woke up this mroning and my world had flipped. My mind asked "can my 'away from life' times still happen, just not solo?"

"Please." spoke my heart.


I pet Cheddar and Boots. Cats bring such stability in my life.
They are so familiar. So normal. So "home".


Home.



Home...

No comments: