Saturday, March 04, 2006

True Examples. Right.


It's been a long time since I've written. I'm really supposed to be writing my two papers that are due next week. (One is due on Monday and the other one on Thursday.) But I wanted to pop online here for two reasons: 1. because I'm stalling and 2. because I have something really cool to tell you.

Now I take into consideration that this could totally label me as a dork, but I really found great curiosity and joy in this... tonight while in goodwill, I found a book from 1902. SERIOUSLY! How cool is that?! Don't look at me like that, I know deep down inside you're excited. No but seriously, think about it, that book was around before my Grandpa. That book was around before anyone that I've ever met was born. I wondered, as I looked at that book, what stories did the book have. Now, it was an old algebra book, so I'm sure the stories were not "fun" per say (hehe) but I wondered who's hands had held this book. The mystery was so neat. I even thought about buying it, just so I could think more upon the mystery. Yes, I know that totally labels me a dork. But I guess I just really like history.

I have really gotten into the old fashioned "right living," morally sound lifestyle. No, I'm not saying that the same issues that are popping up today did not occur back then. And no, I'm not saying everyone lived their lives the "right way". And no, I'm not saying they were perfect. But when you paint the real picture of life in the past, when you open your mind to embracing the goods and the bads of the entire historical society, and then you find those individuals in that society that were so dedicated and devoted to family, love and their God, that is so... so... I really just can't find the word. To have such dedication to all members of family, making the family what it was originally designed to be, or at least fighting as hard as you could to do likewise is so right. (For lack of a better word.) To genuinely love another, not with a skyrocketing divorce-rate love, but a "I'm going to be here for the rest of your life" love because 1. I am honoring my God and 2. life fits right with you, is so right. And to find a dedication that produces bold obedience, extreme devotion, strict rejection of sinful behaviors/lifestyles, and radically sound teaching of further generations is just so right. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I really do believe there is a right way to live. Yes you can pick initially from right and wrong, but I beg to differ with most in believing that once you make the initial choice to do right, there's another choice of right and wrong to be made. Continually choices of right will lead you to a stronger devotion, a stronger love and a stronger belief in the Most High God. You may choose right for once in your life on Salvation day, but the work has only begun. There is no coach-potato time. If we ever stop choosing right we will become lazy and tolerate those evil things that used to be so wrong before. We will begin to get used to evil desires, covets, and lusts. We will allow dulled disrespect, perverse speech, and casual infidelity until it runs wild through the streets screaming of hardened hearts and deaf ears!

But right... we really need right. Because wrong. Wrong is so wrong. It devours us until we no longer control ourselves but are controlled by our wrong impulses. We really do need right.


Let us learn right from True examples. Whether 1902 or 2006, may our examples truly teach of right experience, right obedience, right devotion, right love, and right lifestyles.

Yes! May we learn Right from True examples.

No comments: