Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Clowning Around

One Sunday after church I decided to use the leftover pancakes to bring a new tradition into our family from my childhood: the clown pancake. Now, when I was young the clown pancake was eaten only on special occasions at "Carousel" restaurant where my uncle worked. I remember the excitement of the clown pancake in all it's sugary goodness and presentation and hoped to bring such joy to my children. So I introduced the clown pancake one Sunday for lunch:

 Look how thrilled she was!!! 
I promise it was a hit (just a 3 y/o picture moment).

 I told her to say "clown pancakes!!!" We all giggled about the varied translations of that phrase. 

 Giddy.

 And this one makes faces too. hehe. 


So with the success of the clown pancake, I decided to repeat the affair the next day, but offer personalized decorating. I put on the whipped creme for the facial features and the girls decorated accordingly. This time I offered more fruit and made the rule that all the decorations needed to be consumed. No one complained. ;)

 Still giddy.

 Another face. hehe. 
(sigh) My three year old and her personality. =)

 Some ingredients never made it to the decorating part. 


 The extent of Abi's decorating. 
And the banana nose only lasted on the clown's face for .5 seconds. 
My little girl loves her some bananas!

Scary face, but proud of her decorating. 



Thus has begun our tradition of clown pancakes to be brought out on fun family nights and as rewards for good behavior.

Mmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Kat said...

The girls are getting so big. Miss you guys!