Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Moving Mountains

Saw this over here and decided I liked the quote enough I made my own.

I used some scraps from my collection of gift bags, scrapbook papers, construction paper leftovers from other projects, etc, and glued them onto the lid of a shoebox to give it a canvas-like feel.

 [ "Let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains."]



So now it hangs on the nursery door to the girls' room as a "quiet zone" reminder when we have the youth over and also a precious little reminder of their beautiful potential to "move mountains." I really love it. Makes me smile. And reminds me of how quickly the time goes - how little time we have to serve and love our children into adults. But it also speaks volumes of their ability to "move mountains" each day, not just in the future.


And I'm very happy with how it turned out. 





And of course I couldn't have done it without my eager helper. ;)

2 comments:

Jes said...

lol, thanks for the help Pounce

Mom said...

Nicely done. And who is this? I know you have one cat and this one doesn't look like Piper. Heheheheheheh.