Sunday, March 08, 2009

"There she goes...

there she goes again..."

Friday night Rachael decided to sleep for eight hours. I woke up after 7 hours because my body hasn't slept for seven hours straight in about 8 or 9 months now so it's forgotten how to get good sleep in one chunk. I wondered if Rachael's night was a fluke.

Last night, even with the time change, Rachael slept for 8 hours. Too bad I woke up a few times last night and when the alarm went off it felt like my body had been through a blender. So two extra strength Tylenol later and there is much rejoicing in this household.

It's funny, but in Rachael's sleeping patterns she seems to dabble in the next highest amount a bit before settling for a little. She briefly started at 3 hours at a time at night, bounced into 4 hours and then chose to stick with it, then she jumped to 6 for a couple of sporadic nights, then settled on five for a while, then hit 7 twice,and settled on 6 for a while, and now she's hit 8. So even if she goes with her trend of sticking with 7, that's completely doable. (And right in time for Mommy returning to work.)

Now if only we could teach my body not to hate me...


I had another realization last night as the baby smiled a huge animated smile at me, that baby's ours. Blew my mind again.

Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleeping babies are so well behaved, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

I wanna see her smile!!!!