Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Dreaming Plain



I got this email from a friend speaking in excitement about their opportunity to possibly go to a recording studio in the near future. They were talking of a free recording studio sitting with friends who were near professional instrumentalists and good background vocals...


and green slipped in


It was odd how excited I was for my friend.... and yet how over-my-head it all felt.

It's funny how intimidating it felt to be asked if I would help with some of the building blocks...

and I realised that I'm not talented enough to make anything but plain music.

I've been dreaming....
banging out Truth on a church piano late at night
I can't even play the piano, but something arose within me that made me think just maybe I could try.


And I sing the same few songs over and over....

plaguing my neighbor's ears...


because it's what God gave me...

what He's taught me...


And I've been dreaming in the car...


But I really don't think I have much to offer.

I really can honestly tell you, cyberworld, that there are 5 million other people out there that have better voices, greater ranges, and more skills than this twenty-something wanna-be dreamer.


And it was quite scary to admit the reality as the type came before me that I just don't have that skill level...


that's just way out of my league.


(sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but plain is eeriely honest...I like it