Thursday, May 03, 2007

Away


You know? These past few weeks have been hard. This quarter has been so overwhelming and I came to the realization about a week ago that I have lost my character in the shuffle of this year's requirements. Long days, short nights and stress after stress has finally found victim in my personality. But in all the time that I have been kicking and complaining this quarter about my lack of rest, I have found failure after failure.
I opened my eyes tonight to see this...
an open hand...
I read these lyrics a few days ago from a friend's site...
" Come with me my love
step out on the wave
step out into faith
Fix your eyes on me
look past the stormy sea
look past your stumbling feet

and i know you’re afraid

but i’ll take your hand
hold you close
pull you in
and though you can’t stand
I still can
I still Am"
And as easily as this song creates flight in lyrical form within my head (even without ever hearing the song), I come to the realization that maybe, just maybe away...
is so much closer than I thought...

No comments: