Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dear Curious George...

I was filling out a youth ministry opportunity at the Attic [a hang-out for youth] and I wanted to share this with those of you who have a little Curious George inside of you.

“Statement of Faith”

I was blessed to have grown up in a Christian home and in a family that always placed themselves in an environment that would best foster growth for the Lord. In the fall of 1999 (age 14) I accepted the Lord as my personal Savior at a Young Life weekend after the Holy Spirit made the Good News real to me. It was like the blinders came off and God truly became Alive to me. I knew I couldn’t live without Him. From there God used me to begin a bible study at my local high school, Princeton High School, and further be challenged to live by His standard over my own. I went off to college at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and that is when the Lord challenged me the most to truly live for Him regardless of where I may be asked to go in my life. From there I left my comfort zone and transferred to Wright State. While eating dinner in the campus cafeteria, I was approached by a college missionary and invited to a campus ministry meeting. From then until now I have attended Crosswalk Collegiate Ministry, serving for one year as the praise band leader, taking various bible studies, teaching a bible study and growing to be more and more like the woman that God has called me to be. From Crosswalk sprung Godly friendships that allowed me to find Apex Community Church where I love to serve and praise. I am hoping to get further involved in house churches (similar to small groups. – see Acts 2:41-47) at Apex and am currently being Discipled. This past summer God called me back home to Cincinnati to work with my old senior high youth group girls. It is amazing how the Lord used those girls to minister to me as I ministered to them. I have a passion for youth ministry and working with the youth this past summer has only set it further ablaze. Since this past summer, I have been praying for open doors to serve youth, regardless of whether they know our Lord or not. This brings me to the Attic’s front door. The Lord is transitioning me from working with Crosswalk to working with youth and I hope to start working with Summit Sr. High Youth at Apex quite soon. I am currently in the application process and can’t wait to work with the youth. I am open and willing to be vulnerable so that youth see that Christ-following is an expression of the True Life He gives. If the Lord opens an opportunity, I am more than willing to share all about the Lord’s crucifixion and rising, but until then I pray to show, by example, the love and grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
To God be the Glory.

No comments: