Sunday, January 01, 2006

Staying the Night

#1. Happy New Year!
May the Lord be glorified more and more this year. I can't wait to watch what He'll do this year. It's gonna be great! Woot-woot! Go Jesus!

#2. "Staying the Night"

Welp, one of my roomies came back today because we're starting school on Tuesday. I was crossing the parking lot, headed toward the apartment when I heard a voice holler from an approaching car, "Get out of the street!" As much as she picks on me (sorta sibling-like), I couldn't help but smile. It is so good to have her back. In all honesty, some sarcastic remarks can sting sometimes (no matter how much I repeat the fact that I know that she is joking) but I am so blessed that in our apartment of girls she is the one who chooses to communicate with me. In our apartment, communication means an invitation into one's life (even if it's only for five seconds of words). Silence can be good, but it can also be very isolating and unencouraging.

"Hey! What a wreck!" Jackie commented as she stood in my doorway. I looked up from my computer screen and endless junk emails.
In all honesty, her commentary about my room is probably the most stinging of comments. I don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's that she chooses to burn me when others come visiting and she mentions how clean my room is. Yes, cleanliness has never been an inbred habit. Yes, sometimes my carpet is hard to find. Dude, but it's so much better than last year. [Kelly can testify.] And in all honesty, when it comes right down to it, my room's cleanliness falls so far down on my priority list in comparison to spending time with friends, family and God. So, as for the clean laundry pile, scraps of wrapping paper, and tennis shoes strewed about, I am trying my best.
"I know, I know." I pretended like it didn't hurt me.
We had a conversation about Christmas joys and pitfalls and further holiday break news. At one point the topic of Matthew (my boyfriend)came into the conversation. Now, I'm honestly not surprised at all that Matthew popped into the convo. I was quite happy to share my blessing with her. I mentioned him heading home from Michigan and hoping to pop on over here soon. That's when the casual question came; "Is he spending the night with you?"
"No, absolutely not." Came my learned morals. [Not to imply that your would ever even ask to stay, Matt. You are too God fearing for that sin. -makes me happy- ]
"Oh, well I just figured... you know, maybe he was." She spoke in tollerance (sadly) of the worldly standard as she headed back into her room.
"Nope. There will be no boys what-so-ever sleeping in my room. No, no." I said before beginning my room cleaning.

Thank you, God, for the opportunity.
I love You.

No comments: