Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fake-Egg-Tryin'


I went out to breakfast with Angela again this morning. This is our second meeting and it's really neat to get to know her. It's so amazing to hang out with another woman of God. It's indescribable how a woman of God's heart pours out in love and adoration of her Savior. It's so refreshing and revitalizing to be around someone who is truly Real and Alive in the Lord.

So, Angela and I found ourselves at First Watch (a breakfast and lunch joint). We both questioned whether the place was even open when we first arrived, prooving how many others were eating there at eight in the morning. My eyes scanned over the menu pondering what my stomach, whom had not woken up yet, most desired to devour. The menu prooved to be entertaining with a category for a "lighter" breakfast start, though not nearly as entertaining as Crackle Barrel's "weight watchers" section. I mean seriously... you're at Crackle Barrel! Hehe.
I had made up my mind quickly to find breakfast on the "real" menu when something caught my eye.

"What's a lowfat egg?" I asked Angela, puting down my menu.
"Oh, it's an artificial egg." She smiled as she poked her head around her menu.
"How in the world do you get an artificial egg?" I questioned and giggled.
"It's like an egg substitute. You pour it out of a container. It's gross. I mean, I think God did a better job then that. You might as well just have the real thing. It's only an egg." She laughed as she continued to scan her menu.
"Mmmmm, sounds appetizing! Like seriously, who comes in here like,'I'll have my egg poured from a carton, please.' " I laughed. No, fear... I found something stocked full of cholesterol and fatty goodness on the breakfast menu this morning. =)


Maybe some day I'll get up the guts to try a "lowfat" egg. No... now that I think about it, I had a bad experience with camp eggs in the past... yeah... ditch the whole fake-egg-tryin' for me. I'll stick to God's cholesterol creation.

No comments: